These events are arranged by Connect and it’s associates and aimed at Mortgage Intermediaries.
- This event has passed.
Income Protection Awareness Week – 5 webinars in 5 days – Legal & General
23 September, 2022 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
19 – 23 September 2022 — 1.30pm
We’re supporting Income Protection Awareness Week; an initiative designed to help advisers speak more effectively to clients about protecting their income.
Each day, we’ll be hosting a free-to-attend webinar with a different theme, giving you the tools you need to understand and discuss income protection with your clients.
Deadline To Breadline
Monday 19 Sep — 1.30 pm — 30 mins
- Analyse our Deadline to Breadline research to identify the common myths and misconceptions around the need for protection
- Demonstrate how the research, tools and calculators can be used to highlight a client’s areas of risk and position an affordable solution
- Explain how protection policies can improve a client’s financial resilience at a time of need due to sickness, injury or death of a breadwinner
Income Protection Frames and Anchors
Tuesday 20 Sep — 1.30 pm — 30 mins
- Identify appropriate questions in order to frame the need for income protection with your client
- Understand different positioning statements to anchor client conversations
- Understand the impact you can have beyond your words to achieve better client outcomes
Keep The Cash Flowing
Wednesday 21 Sep — 1.30 pm — 30 mins
- Identify protection opportunities to help in your conversations with clients
- Consider how to use a cash flow model to highlight a need for protection
- Demonstrate how these ideas can be effective at every stage in the client’s lifetime of advice
IP for the SME
Thursday 22 Sep — 1.30 pm — 30 mins
- Understand the Income Protection needs of small businesses
- Identify how your clients can use insurance solutions to plan and protect against unexpected financial difficulties for the business and employees
- Demonstrate the tax treatment of both policy premiums and benefits when claiming
Just do it! The 5-day challenge
Friday 23 Sep — 1.30 pm — 30 mins
- Understand how income protection policies could help meet specific outcomes
- Demonstrate how using research, tools and calculators can highlight a client’s areas of risk and assist in positioning an affordable solution
- Explain how differently structured policies could address specific needs and improve a client’s financial reliance at a time of need due to the sickness, injury or death of a breadwinner