Our latest Good Practice Guide looks at how to spot and prevent mortgage fraud. Learn the basics about the different types of fraud as well as why mortgage professionals also need to watch out for cybercrime too. With resources and online tools, this guide will help provide practical ways to be prepared.
How to spot and prevent mortgage fraud.
This Good Practice Guide, written in association with Halifax, outlines some of the current mortgage application fraud themes seen by lenders in the UK mortgage
market. The guide will provide you with some hints on how to spot and prevent mortgage fraud and will look at the following topics:
- Mortgage fraud in the UK financial services industry
- Support for first-time buyers
- Income and employment fraud
- Other types of mortgage application fraud
- Accessible resources and online tools
Credit: Society of Mortgage Professionals, Lloyds Banking Group